Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sophomore Slump

I think you're supposed to actually hit a slump when you're a senior...Ah well, my point is I've been in this ridiculous miasma, basically writer's block about creating the all-important second blog entry (on this page anyway, I've done some work-related crap before). You can see how with this unnecessary overdramatization that my self-hatred is justified. Or that my false modesty is abominable, one or the other I suppose.

I just had a wild ride out to not-so-wild Acton for a Sunday night audition. It is just REAL cold and snowy out there, and I hadn't bothered to put on seriously warm clothes. This incredibly long Indian summer of the punctured ozone layer is about over, people.

One phone call probably two and a half years ago my aunt and uncle in Pennsylvania asked me if I could see myself playing Nurse Ratched, which for some reason I always thought was Ratchet like a tool, like rhyming with "hatchet" for some possible significance. I answered a question with a question, and asked them if they could see me as Emma Goldman. After all either of them individually knew volumes more about women's studies than I!

In any case, I think the answer is yes, but we will have to see if directors agree.

I was charmed by the cupcakes offered despite the icing being chilly, and there were also Hanukkah cookies, which I don't know from a hole in the ground. The star of David design obviously makes a cookie Jewish, but what about an M&M cookie is more Jewish than, say, a pinwheel? Is it rabbinically ordained?

When my non-blood uncle David (who wasn't my uncle yet, he and my aunt still lived in Jersey) introduced rugelach one year at Christmas, I was like "where have you been all my life?" But when my former boss in Wakefield bought a huge tray of 'em, I discovered another way in which I'd had too much of a good thing.

I set my alarm clock for a time my eyes couldn't believe, and I have three minutes to get in bed before 11:30. Thank God I didn't tell my landlady to turn the effin' heat down! It feels good!

No comments: